Parkland Health will consolidate its youth and family centers into four central locations starting Monday, the Dallas County Public Hospital System announced Wednesday.
The consolidated sites, all at Dallas ISD schools, will be open five days a week, compared to the current centers, which are open an average of one to three days a week. Several centers will close on Friday and patients receiving care at these sites will be transferred to nearby clinics.
The move was made to increase opportunities for DISD students to receive regular care, said Christina Mintner, Parkland’s senior vice president of population health.
“When we were talking to our staff and our patients, there was a need for more consistent opening hours identified with our patients to really create a true medical home,” she said. “Children get sick all the time and we had clinics open one, two or three days a week. It really wasn’t what was best for our patients in the community.
Parkland Youth and Family Centers offer health checkups, sick visits and acute care, among other services. Parkland and DISD have partnered on school clinics since 1994.
Consolidated clinics include:
- Adamson Youth and Family Center, 201 E. 9th St. in North Oak Cliff
- Balch Springs Youth and Family Center, 710 Cheyenne Road in Dallas
- Fair Oaks Youth and Family Center, 7502 Fair Oaks Ave., in northeast Dallas
- Seagoville Youth and Family Center, 15800 Seagoville Road in Rylie
Patients receiving care at closed sites will be transferred to these clinics:
- The Red Bird Youth and Family Center will be relocating to Red Bird Health Center, 3560 W. Camp Wisdom Road, Suite 100, Dallas.
- The Billy Dade/Eddie Bernice Johnson Youth and Family Center and Woodrow Youth and Family Center will relocate to either Hatcher Station Health Center, 4600 Scyene Road in South Dallas, or Jubilee Park Community Clinic, 820 Ann Ave. in Old East Dallas.
- The White Rock/Amelia Flores Youth and Family Center will be relocating to Fair Oaks Youth and Family Center, 7502 Fair Oaks Ave., in northeast Dallas.
- The West Dallas Youth and Family Center at Pinkston High School will be relocating to the Adamson Youth and Family Center, 201 E. 9th St. in North Oak Cliff.